Yesterday I held Automate workload provisioning with Bicep, PowerShell and Azure DevOps workshop under my Infrastructure as Code user group.
This time we focused on workload provisioning with
Azure DevOps and we learned:
- What is Azure Service Principal, how to create it and how to properly scope its RBAC permissions for your workload
- How to use
az devopsextension to automate Azure DevOps operations
- How to create Azure DevOps Service Connection for workload Service Principal with
- How to automatically create IaC git Repository in Azure DevOps based on your Template repository
- How to create Azure DevOps IaC deployment pipeline using
As always, labs are available and you are welcome to work with them.
Here is IaC workshops road-map for 2023:
- Azure API Management 101
- Azure Networking 101
- AKS Workshop #7 - AKS security
- AKS Workshop #8 - Service mesh with linkerd
Don’t miss any upcoming workshops and join my Infrastructure as Code user group!
You can also check out my previous workshops dedicated to Infrastructure as Code tools:
- IaC workshop: Load-Balancing Options on Azure
- IaC workshop: How to live in harmony with ARM templates
- IaC workshop: Implement immutable infrastructure on Azure with ARM templates
- IaC workshop: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part I
- IaC workshop: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part II
- AKS Workshop #1 - Introduction to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- AKS Workshop #2 - Advanced AKS configuration
- AKS Workshop #3 - Immutable AKS infrastructure with Bicep
- AKS Workshop #4 - GitOps in AKS with Flux
- AKS Workshop #5 - scaling options for applications and clusters in AKS
- AKS Workshop #6 - Monitoring options in AKS
With that - thanks for reading!