This time it was all about GitOps and we covered the basics of GitOps in Kubernetes with Flux and attendees learned:
- How to install Flux to AKS cluster
- How to configure Flux with your git repositories
- How to continuously deliver infrastructure and workloads changes defined with Kubernetes manifests (and assembled with Kustomize)
- How to declaratively manage Helm chart releases with Kubernetes manifests
- Different ways how you can structure your repositories
- How to upgrade and monitor flux
If you didn’t attend this workshop, labs are available and you are welcome to work with them.
Here is workshops road-map for 2021-2022:
- AKS Workshop #1 - Introduction to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- AKS Workshop #2 - Advanced AKS configuration
- AKS Workshop #3 - Immutable AKS infrastructure with Bicep
- AKS Workshop #4 - GitOps in AKS with Flux
- AKS Workshop #5 - scaling options for applications and clusters in AKS
- AKS Workshop #6 - Monitoring options in AKS
- AKS Workshop #7 - Service mesh with linkerd
- AKS Workshop #8 - AKS security
Don’t miss any upcoming workshops and join my Infrastructure as Code user group!
You can also check out my previous workshops dedicated to Infrastructure as Code tools:
- IaC workshop #1: How to live in harmony with ARM templates
- IaC workshop #2: Implement immutable infrastructure on Azure with ARM templates
- IaC workshop #3: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part I
- IaC workshop #4: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part II
With that - thanks for reading!