I decided to dedicate 2021 to Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) and yesterday I held the first Introduction to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) workshop under my Infrastructure as Code user group.
This is an introduction level workshop targeted to those of you who have never worked with neither AKS nor Kubernetes and covers the basics of using Kubernetes on Azure.
10 labs 100% hands-on, 4 hours and super awesome participants!
As always, labs are available and you are welcome to work with them.
Some funny (or not really) facts. During the workshop my main PC died after 2++ hours, and shortly after I restarted everything at my “Plan-B” laptop, it gave me the “blue screen of death” as well…
Luckily after the second restart all worked well…
Here is preliminary set of workshops lined up for 2021:
- Workshop #2 - Advanced AKS configuration
- Workshop #3 - Use Pulumi to provision and configuring AKS cluster
- Workshop #4 - Service mesh with linkerd
- Workshop #5 - AKS application deployment strategies
- Workshop #6 - AKS security
You can also check out my previous workshops:
- IaC workshop #1: How to live in harmony with ARM templates
- IaC workshop #2: Implement immutable infrastructure on Azure with ARM templates
- IaC workshop #3: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part I
- IaC workshop #4: Implement immutable infrastructure with Pulumi: Part II
With that - thanks for reading!